With the new school year getting fully underway, now is a time we often reflect on new challenges, aims and personal goals the year ahead brings. With that, many will be looking at developing their own skills and those within their team.
World class training for educators across the globe
We’ve always had a fully inclusive ethos, not just for the students under our graduates’ care, but also in how we create and deliver our training. Our globally-acclaimed training programmes have always been delivered largely online, and are all practice-led, meaning that participants across the world, in any type of setting, can use their real-world circumstances to inform their development. As a company created and owned by former educators, we understand the importance of new skills being actionable, practical and giving ongoing improvement. However, listening to our friends and colleagues in British International Schools, we knew we could do more. So we have.
Taking the best of the UK’s SEND training, creating new courses specifically for International Schools
Firstly, we’ve created a new international version of our hugely popular National Award in SEN Coordination tailored to the needs and circumstances of international schools, based in the UK and overseas. This new iSenco qualification differs in several ways, to make it ideal for those not based in UK mainstream state school settings. The iSenco qualification:
- Does not require participants to have UK QTS or QTLS, removing the biggest barrier to access for many based in international schools
- Takes a location-agnostic view on the legislative framework, whereas the UK award focuses entirely on the legislation and regulations in England and Wales
- Gives participants detailed guidance on many areas most common in international schools including third-culture students, the intersection of SEN and EAL
- Confers a Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits at masters level) to all graduates
- Gives a pathway to completing our fully-validated MEd SEND programme
What is more, following a hugely successful and sold-out CCET (Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing) course we delivered in Dubai in April, we are now running another course from 18-20 September in Dubai. A few places still remain, so if you or one of your team want to join fellow delegates, please book soon to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions at all, about our iSenco qualification, our acclaimed CCET course taking place in Dubai or anything else, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of advisors who are here to help.