Since October 2020, we have been delivering our ever-popular Cognitive Abilities Profile (CAP) course as a series of weekly webinars, as meeting in person has not been possible. These webinars have had an amazing response from delegates, and we’re very pleased to be running another CAP course in June 2021.
The course webinar dates are as follows (dates and times are BST (GMT+1)):
- 3 June l 10 am-12:30 pm
- 10 June l 10 am-12:30 pm
- 17 June l 10 am – 12:30 pm
- 24 June l 10 am – 12:30 pm
How you and your setting will benefit by attending this June Cognitive Abilities Profile course
The Cognitive Abilities Profile is a consultation framework to be used with teachers, parents, therapists, and the learner him/herself, to identify patterns of cognitive strengths and difficulties and then jointly plan, intervene and systematically monitor progress.
The course is open to anyone who works in the learning and development of children, adolescents, and adults, and is particularly relevant for psychologists, therapists, teachers, and SENCOs.
What material will be covered
- The principles, key questions, and concepts of dynamic assessment and how they apply to CAP.
- The different models of cognitive processes and the seven functional domains of cognitive abilities.
- The contents of the CAP toolkit and how to use this to develop informed and effective interventions.
People undertaking the forthcoming CAP online course will be able to:
- Join from anywhere in the world, without encountering the costs
- Take the course at a more measured pace, with a blend of pre-recorded videos that can be viewed and reviewed at times convenient to you.
- Each pre-recorded video will be followed by a live session, giving you time to reflect, digest, and prepare your questions ahead of the next live session.
- Even more flexibility. Missed a live session? You can go over it yourself. Want to watch a case study again? All live sessions will be recorded and made available for participants to view and review for a limited period of time following the course.
- Network more effectively with other participants, to share experiences and ideas without the worry of catching the train at the end of the day.
- Benefit from one-to-one Q&A time with Dr Ruth Deutsch who developed CAP in 2009 and will deliver the course.
Hear what our past delegates have said about our CAP course
“It was a superb course providing amazing opportunities for deep reflection as well as excellent practical information and resources.” – Julie Chase, Educational Psychologist
“[CAP] is the most successful program I have ever used – bar none. I have used it for 6 sets of parents and teachers – success, success, success at every level. At the moment, I can’t put a foot wrong when I use it – so I am absolutely delighted. It is my weapon of choice! THANK YOU!” – Helen M, Specialist Support Teacher/SENCO
“The course has enabled me to administer a detailed cognitive assessment in a significantly shorter amount of time than I perhaps could with traditional and regular DA tests. Being able to compare the profile of parents and teachers is also very helpful, as it tells me firstly whether they are seeing the same things and secondly, if not, then it enables me to generate some hypotheses about why this may be the case.” – Dr. Yahuda Marshall, Clinical Psychologist
“The CAP course has really helped to develop my understanding of the thinking process and the cognitive demands of tasks. CAP provides a structure through which a profile can be generated so that interventions can be targeted specifically and progress can be evidence-based.” Deborah Smith, Specialist Teacher
Book our June Cognitive Abilities Profile course
Book now to attend our June 2021 course. If you are unable to attend this time but would be interested in arranging a bespoke course for you and your colleagues, please contact Dana Kennedy via email – email@example.com.