Our Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A) comprises the Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET) and the Access Arrangements Course (AAC) to meet the Joint Council for Qualification’s (JCQ’s) requirements for qualified assessors, as long as you also hold a qualification to teach.
How can you benefit from the CPT3A qualification?
There are many benefits to the CPT3A qualification – not only for the educator completing the course but also for the educational setting and the children who attend it. Upon completion of CPT3A, you will be able to:
- Select, administer and evaluate a wide range of educational tests and assessments.
- Read, write and interpret reports, allowing you to better support other professionals, such as educational psychologists.
- Provide better in-house support to all children and parents at your setting.
- Purchase psychometric tests that would otherwise be restricted and gain a 10% discount through the Dyslexia Action Shop.
- Join our SEND Programme with 30 credits towards a postgraduate qualification.
- Complete access arrangements applications in your setting as a qualified Access Arrangements Assessor in line with JCQ requirements.
- Record your qualification on the British Psychological Society‘s (BPS’s) Register for Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU) and access their database of test reviews.
Dates and venues
If you’re looking to be qualified to apply for access arrangements in October, we recommend our CPT3A intensive route – one of the 3-day intensive CCET courses in May, followed by the 1-day intensive AAC in June or September – this should allow you to be qualified in time.
- 28 June, London (Novotel City South)
- 20 September, London (Novotel City South)
- 27 September, Manchester (Venue TBC)
If these dates or venues are not suitable, please take a look at our dedicated CPT3A page online for details of all available intensive courses. Alternatively, CCET and AAC can be completed as online modules, to be started as soon as you are ready.