Coming soon: SEND Reviewer Training
In order to improve the skills and confidence of the schools’ workforce in supporting the delivery of high-quality SEND provision to pupils, Real Group and Whole School SEND are developing an online version of SEND Reviewer Training, which will enable more people within the schools’ workforce to conduct quality reviews of SEND provision and empower settings to improve their practices.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the SEND Review process
- Engage actively and confidently in communities of practice
- Use the review to drive school improvement
- Confidently and effectively execute the six stages of the SEND Review process:
- Identification: Identify, and communicate clearly, why a SEND review of their setting is desired and what outcomes are wanted from it.
- Self-evaluation: Engage curiously in Self Evaluation of the current SEND provision in their setting.
- Preparation: Identify and use a range of evidence, confidently and effectively, as part of a Review of another setting.
- School Visit: Plan and complete a successful school visit as part of a Review of another setting.
- As reviewer, communicate agreed review findings succinctly and professionally, verbally and in writing.
- As reviewer, agree and execute a follow-up plan with the setting which has been subject to the SEND Review.