‘Every child has a different learning style and pace. Each child is unique, not only capable of learning but also capable of succeeding.’
Robert John Meehan
The Master of Education (MEd) Professional Practice in Dyslexia and Literacy is a programme designed to offer those who have studied with Dyslexia Action Training a route to gain a Masters qualification.
This programme was developed and is delivered and assessed by Dyslexia Action Training and Real Training, awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University. You will receive a Middlesex award on successful completion.
How to Achieve an MEd Professional Practice in Dyslexia and Literacy?
There are two possible routes to join this programme:
Routes to gaining an MEd Professional Practice in Dyslexia and Literacy can be found here
Enhance your professional expertise
- Further, develop your professional skills and knowledge through work-based project implementation that will enable you to support other practitioners in educational settings.
- Research and critically analyse aspects of Dyslexia and Literacy in greater depth.
- Develop your professional practice using the findings of published research and via critical analysis of the evidence base for Dyslexia and Literacy interventions.
- Further, develop your skills as a professional practitioner-researcher.
- Develop different models of partnership with an understanding of the place of power and ethics in educational settings and in listening to and understanding adults and children, parents and carers.
Engage with flexible e-learning
- Study online and integrate your learning into your working day.
- Work at a time and pace that suits you.
- Take part in a flexible module that draws on a broad range of learning tasks and practical experience.
- Work closely with your peers and be mentored by experienced tutors online.
- Access our sophisticated online learning platform and utilise the latest technologies: video and multimedia content, case studies and problem-based scenarios, directed reading, structured learning logs, online discussion, online questionnaires, peer evaluation, student forum, and webinars (with tutors and guest lecturers).
- We will ensure that you never feel lonely or unsupported in your studies.
Liaise with experienced tutors
- Enjoy dedicated specialist support from our experienced tutors.
- Receive dedicated support from our tutor team – comprising experienced specialist teachers and educational psychologists.