School leaders have been telling us about their frustrations in being unable to have their teachers without UK QTS access the new skills, confidence and abilities the UK’s National Award in SEN Coordination provides. As things stand, the absence of UK QTS or QTLS is an insurmountable barrier to joining this course. Additionally, even for those who have QTS, the foundation of the course is UK regulations, structures and societal make-up.
Based on that, we have taken the best of the UK award, augmented it and then changed the rest to make the course agnostic to location or geography, and also have a greater focus on issues that matter to leaders in international schools, like third culture kids, and the intersection of local and scholastic language in students with EAL. This isn’t simply a re-hash of the UK award – it’s a bespoke course, designed for – and in partnership with – international schools.
Our iSenco course is:
- Delivered fully online, and without internal deadlines, so delegates can study at a time and pace which suits their real lives. This is also more cost-effective as it means teachers do not need to be away from their learning centre
- Tutored one-to-one by highly experienced experts
- Created bespoke for the international schools market
- Based on the latest psychological insight and expertise
- Founded on experience – Real Training is one of the UK’s largest SENCO trainers
- Practice-led, as we believe we learn best by doing, in a real-world environment
- Delivered on our bespoke virtual learning environment, Campus Online
- University-validated. Graduates will exit with a 60-credit Postgraduate Certificate from Middlesex University. By completing the course you can continue on your masters journey, whether it is with us or another provider
- Based on the highest standards. We are members of the National Award Provider Group in the UK, our courses are all assessed and monitored by Middlesex University and we are members of the British Accrediation Council
- Created in partnership with international partners including school leaders based in international schools and informed by insights gained from our membership of groups including COBIS, BESA and ISCR.
If you are interested in reserving a place, all you need to do is register on our booking form. Registration takes two or three minutes, and no payment is taken at this stage. Additionally, if you want to change your start date further down the line, all you need to do is let us know and we can arrange this – and with no additional cost.
The deadline to register and enrol for the next cohort is January 15, and there are further cohorts in May and September.
Alongside our iSenco course, we also deliver NPQs, the UK National Award, our MEd SEND programme, our world-leading Professional Assessment Programme and more. All our courses are delivered online and suited to delegates based all over the world. In fact, we have current participants in 53 countries across the globe.