Issue 14 of The SEND Practitioner published on Saturday 13 February.
Our in-depth discussion with the New York Times bestselling author of Neurotribes was well-received.
Steve Silberman tackled our readers’ questions with aplomb, discussing:
- Whether a normal person can fully realise and understand the autistic day-to-day realisation of simply not belonging.
- How SENCOs can best support secondary school autistic children in mainstream classes.
- The merits of pursuing causation research.
- The differences between genders vis a vis autistic traits.
- The value of Asperger’s case studies for supporting personalisation in education.
- Lorna Wing’s legacy.
- The future of autism.